You should read this document along with our privacy and cookie policies.
These legal terms (English law applies, and English courts will settle disputes) are between you and Telecare24 (Telecare24/us/we), and you agree to them when you order our service.
1) Pendant and Fall plans
- 1.1 Our pendant and fall plans come complete with a personal alarm base unit and a pendant or fall sensor. These are provided on a rental basis.
- 1.2 All plans have access to our 24/7 monitoring team. You may incur call charges when your alarm makes an emergency call to our monitoring team. Please contact your telephone service provider for details.
- 1.3 You can change your plan at any time for a £15 administration fee. We will ask you to pay for the first 12 months of your new plan in advance. We will then refund you for your original plan on a pro-rata basis within 28 days.
- You must tell us if your bank details change.
2) Buddi Plan
- 2.1 The Buddi wristband and clip are purchased directly from us, which is included in your initial payment, along with your first month’s subscription fee. These remain your property.
- 2.2 The contract term for the Buddi plan is 12 months, which starts from the date you buy the equipment. Once you have purchased your Buddi device, we will charge you a monthly subscription fee to access our 24/7 monitoring service. This plan is renewed annually.
- 2.3 With our Buddi plan, you purchase the equipment outright and pay a monthly subscription to access our 24/7 monitoring service. Subsequent payments will be taken by direct debit.
- 2.4 The Buddi plan has a minimum contract term of 12 months. You will have to settle any charges that you owe us at the end of the notice period.
3) Pendant and Fall plan agreement
- 3.1 Your monitoring agreement commences from the day we dispatch the equipment to you. Should you change your mind, you have 14 days from the day of delivery to let us know. All equipment must be returned, in new condition and in the original packaging, and be received by us no later than 28 days from the day we delivered to you.
- 3.2 Once you have returned all the equipment and settled any charges, we will calculate a final refund. All monitoring fees will be refunded. The setup fee is non-refundable. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receiving your returned equipment.
- 3.3 If you decide to cancel after the 14 day cooling-off period, we will charge a £30 restocking fee for processing your returned equipment. All equipment must be returned in satisfactory condition. We reserve the right to charge you the total retail price for any equipment that isn’t returned or is damaged.
4) Buddi plan agreement
- 4.1 Should you change your mind, you have 14 days from the day of delivery to let us know. All equipment must be returned, in new condition and in the original packaging, and be received by us no later than 28 days from the day we delivered to you.
- 4.2 Once you have returned all the equipment and settled any charges, we will calculate a final refund. The setup fee is non-refundable. Refunds will be processed within 14 days of receiving your returned equipment.
5) Our fees
- 5.1 When you order a plan from us, you will pay your fees in advance. When these plans are renewed, we will send you an invoice that you must pay on or before the 14th day after the invoice date. Where possible, payment is collected by direct debit.
- 5.2 Our pendant and fall plans are provided on a rental basis. Our pendant plan can be paid quarterly or annually, and our fall plan is paid for annually.
- 5.3 With our Buddi plan, you purchase the equipment outright and pay a monthly subscription to access our 24/7 monitoring service. Subscriptions payments will be collected by direct debit, on or around 14 days from your invoice date.
- 5.4 If you purchase a plan from us with a special offer, such as a discounted first year, this is valid for just the first 12 months only.
- 5.5 Your renewal fee will revert to our standard pricing.
- 5.6 Some special offers may include free items, such as key safes or pendants. These are provided with a standard 12-month warranty. If you need to replace these items outside the warranty period because they are lost, damaged or faulty, you must pay the normal retail price.
- 6.1 The equipment we provide for the pendant and fall plans remains the legal property of Telecare24 and are provided to you on a rental basis. If you fail to pay for our service or equipment, we reserve the right to repossess our property through legal process.
7) Risk and insurance
- 7.1 You must install the equipment we supply following the installation instructions and manuals we provide.
- 7.2 If storms or other adverse weather conditions damage your equipment, you will have to pay for replacement equipment. You may be able to claim these costs through your home contents insurance policy.
- 7.3 You are responsible for maintaining the equipment we supply to you. You are responsible for the costs of making good any equipment that is damaged whilst in your possession.
- 8.1 We always aim to deliver your equipment as soon as we can. In some rare instances, we may need to deliver the goods to you in separate consignments.
- 8.2 Suppose for whatever reason, we are unable to deliver the equipment to you, or there is a delay in the delivery timescale. In such cases, you will not be able to claim any direct or indirect consequential loss or damage.
- 8.3 In the unlikely event that your equipment is damaged in transit, you must notify us immediately and no more than five days of delivery. You must also inform us, if within five days there are missing elements to your expected delivery. If there is missing equipment or equipment is damaged during transit, you will not be able to claim damages for breach of contract.
9) Limitation of liability
- 9.1 For equipment that you purchase outright, such as the Buddi device, there is a 12-month warranty. We will repair, replace, or refund any goods that we accept are defective within this time. This warranty will be void if materials supplied by a third party cause the fault.
- 9.2 Telecare24 will not be liable, in any circumstances, either directly or consequentially, for damages, compensation, costs, expenses, losses or any other liabilities. Any other remedy available in British law is excluded, except if the law doesn’t allow the exclusion.
10) Conditions of service
- 10.1 We accept no responsibility for any equipment that develops a fault, has a failure or malfunctions.
- These include war, the threat of war, riots, civil commotion, acts of God, government, terrorist activities, strikes, lockouts, industrial action, accident, technical problems with transportation, natural disasters, storms, floods, fire and earthquakes.
- 10.2 We accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or damage caused directly or indirectly by the following:
- A repair, adjustment or alteration carried out by anyone without our consent.
- Maintenance or repair of our equipment contrary to the instructions we supply.
- If you use any equipment in conjunction with our service that is not supplied or manufactured by us.
- 10.3 For your peace of mind, we will only be able to proceed with a course of action that has been agreed upon in writing. Please ask us for written confirmation of any decision we may make with regards to your account. We will not be able to proceed with any course of action that has been made orally by our employees or representatives.
- 11.1 You must install and use the equipment in line with the instructions we supply.Without prejudice, Telecare24 will not be liable for any costs, claims, demands, expenses and liabilities for damage to your property. We are also not liable for any consequential loss in connection with the equipment we may supply or install.
12) Force majeure
- 12.1 There may be times, for reasons beyond our control where we can’t deliver the service you expect.
- 12.2 These include war, the threat of war, riots, civil commotion, acts of God, government, terrorist activities, strikes, lockouts, industrial action, accident, technical problems with transportation, natural disasters, storms, floods, fire and earthquakes.
- 12.3 In such circumstances, we may, without any liability, delay delivery or restrict the level of service we provide. We will be under no obligation to cancel any contract we have with you in such situations.
- 13.1 We reserve the right to cancel the agreement we have with you, for any reason, by giving you seven days’ notice.
- 13.2 We may terminate the agreement if you:
- Fail to pay amounts due within 14 days of your payment due date.
- Breach other terms laid out in this agreement.
- Are subject to Insolvency action.
- 13.3 If you have a pendant or fall plan, you can give us notice at any time. We will cease your charges when we receive your returned equipment. If you order a Buddi plan, you agree to a minimum term of 12 months. You will have to settle any charges that you owe us at the end of the notice period.
- 13.4 If you pay your plan annually and decide to cancel your agreement, any refund will be calculated on a pro-rata basis. If you purchased a plan at a promotional rate, any refunds would be based on this price.
- 13.5 Our setup fee is non-refundable.
- 13.6 Should you no longer require your service, you may cancel at any time*. Your equipment should be returned to us without undue delay and within 28 days of the date you notified us that you wish to cancel*. Where a refund is due, this will be processed within 28 days of your equipment being delivered to us.
- *Buddi plans are subject to a minimum term contract of 12 months.
- *Do not return Buddi device if cancelled outside of the cooling off period.
- 14.1 You agree not to assign or transfer this agreement to any other person.
- 14.2 We reserve the right to use third party contractors to carry out our service without requesting your consent or giving you notice.
15.1 This agreement and all the conditions laid out in this document are governed by the laws of England, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
16.1 The heading shall not affect the meaning or interpretation of these conditions.
17) Consumer sales
17.1 These conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
18) Health and safety
18.1 You agree to read and follow any information we may provide about our equipment. This includes making sure that as far as is reasonably practical, the goods are safe and don’t present a risk to health.
19.1 If you wish to provide us with notice, you must do so in writing, either by post or email. Both parties agree that any notice will be classified as “served” if delivered, at the time of delivery; if posted, 48 hours after posting; and if sent by email, at the time of sending.
20.1 If any of the conditions in the agreement are deemed invalid, illegible, or unenforceable, these conditions do not affect the other conditions.
21) Third-party rights
21.1 Under the Right of Third Parties Act 1999, anyone who is not named in this agreement has no rights to enforce any of its terms.