These legal terms (English law applies, and English courts will settle disputes) are between you and Telecare24 (Telecare24/us/we), and you agree to them when you order our service.
1) What information do we collect?
- We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- (a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- (b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
3) Your personal data.
- What is personal data? Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
- (a) administer the website;
- (b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- (c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
- (d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- (e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- (f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- (g) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- (h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- (i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- (j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- (k) and where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
- We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- All our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers; Stripe, and PayPal. We will share information with Stripe and PayPal only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments.
- (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- (b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- (d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- and (e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
5) International data transfers.
- The information which you provide may be transferred to countries that do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
- You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
6) Security of your personal information.
- Telecare24 is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller, ensuring the highest levels of data protection for those vulnerable people who rely on us for assistance. All inbound and outbound calls to our emergency call centre are recorded and performance levels are constantly monitored to ensure we always deliver the highest levels of customer care.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
- We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
7) Policy amendments.
8) Your rights.
- You have the right to access information held about you and may ask for the information to be amended or deleted. To do so, please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected] for further details. We will require:
- (a) Your full name, address and Telecare24 account number.
- (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
- We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
9) Third-party websites.
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
10) Updating information and your right to erasure.
- Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- We will hold this information for as long as you remain an active customer and for 5 years afterwards or where otherwise required. We will remove you from receiving emails if you request us to do so.
- You have the right to change your preferences in how we contact you at any time.
- You can elect to opt-out of emails you receive from us via the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email or by contacting our customer service team.
- by email at [email protected] or;
- by post to Data Protection, Telecare24, Unit 2 Trident Court, East Moors Rd, Ocean Way, Cardiff, CF24 5TD